US: Annie's recalls Homegrown Pizzas
Annie's has initiated a large-scale recall of its Homegrown Frozen Pizza line due to the possible presence of fragments of "flexible metal mesh".
The company said the potential contamination was the result of a faulty screen at a third-party flour mill.
Affected products are distributed at grocery, mass and natural food stores nationwide.
All varieties of Annie's Rising Crust Frozen Pizza with a best by date of 9 January 2013 to 14 September 2013 are included in the recall.
Annie's Voluntarily Recalls Annie's Homegrown Frozen Pizza Products Press Release: Annie's Inc. - 13 hours ago Email Recommend0Tweet Print RELATED QUOTES Symbol Price Change BNNY 38.47
BERKELEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Annie's Inc. (BNNY) has initiated a voluntary recall of Annie's Homegrown Frozen Pizza due to the possible presence of fragments of flexible metal mesh caused by a faulty screen at a third-party flour mill. Affected products are distributed at grocery, mass and natural food stores throughout the United States. All varieties of Annie's RISING CRUST FROZEN PIZZA with a best by date including and between 09Jan13 and 14Sep13 (January 9, 2013 and September 14, 2013) are affected. Recalled varieties are:
Organic Four Cheese Pizza, 23.5 oz UPC 013562 200016 Organic Pepperoni Pizza, 23.6 oz UPC 013562 200009 Organic Supreme Pizza, 25.4 oz UPC 013562 200023 Organic Spinach and Mushroom Pizza, 25.0 oz UPC 013562 200054 Four Cheese Pizza, 22.5 oz UPC 013562 200078 Pepperoni Pizza, 22.6 oz UPC 013562 200061 BBQ Recipe Chicken Pizza, 23.1 oz UPC 013562 200092
Original source: Annie's
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- The challenge of digital marketing and ROI
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus