FRANCE: Annual sales up at dairy group Bongrain
M&A helped boost Bongrain sales, the company said
French dairy processor Bongrain has reported a rise in full-year revenue, helped by recent acquisitions and higher cheese sales in western Europe.
Bongrain booked a 7.9% increase in turnover to EUR4.41bn (US$6.05bn) for 2013. The company said acquisitions including its purchase of cheese maker Berthaut last April and its venture with local co-op Terra Lacta in August contributed 2.9 percentage points of the growth.
The company said it had seen growth in sales of cheese products in the fourth quarter, particularly in western Europe.
However, it noted in some markets, including France, the rise in sales was not enough to offset the "strong increase" it had seen in milk prices in the second half.
Bongrain's full accounts will be published next month.
The recent partnership, signed in June 2013, between Bongrain SA and Terra Lacta, is expected to mark the beginning of a new strategic direction for both companies. Combining their marketing and commu...
Sales over the period 2012-2013 continue to be driven by the modern cheese consumption patterns in culinary preparation and as snacking/aperitif items in the two subcategories of spreadable cheese; th...
In 2013, cooking remained not only necessary, due to the difficult economic environment and the need for households to cut expenses on eating out, but also more fashionable, as reflected by the succes...
The French company Bongrain was the last foreign dairy producer in the country which chose not to concentrate its domestic production into one large factory. However, at the beginning of 2013, this ch...
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious