FRANCE: Annual sales up at French retailer Systeme U
Système U increased share of French grocery market in 2012, it said
French retailer Système U saw sales increase in 2012, a year in which it also increased its share of the country's grocery market, the company claimed.
The company booked an 11% rise in revenue, excluding fuel, to EUR17.84bn (US$24.15bn). Including fuel sales, revenue was up 10% at EUR23.21bn.
On a comparable basis and including fuel, sales grew 3.5%.
Système U cited Kantar Worldpanel data that it said showed the retailer's share of the French grocery market reached 10%, up 0.6% year-on-year.
The retailer, which has over 1,500 stores in France, is the country's fourth-largest grocer, it said.
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- US performance weighs on General Mills