FRANCE: Annual sales up at French retailer Systeme U
Système U increased share of French grocery market in 2012, it said
French retailer Système U saw sales increase in 2012, a year in which it also increased its share of the country's grocery market, the company claimed.
The company booked an 11% rise in revenue, excluding fuel, to EUR17.84bn (US$24.15bn). Including fuel sales, revenue was up 10% at EUR23.21bn.
On a comparable basis and including fuel, sales grew 3.5%.
Système U cited Kantar Worldpanel data that it said showed the retailer's share of the French grocery market reached 10%, up 0.6% year-on-year.
The retailer, which has over 1,500 stores in France, is the country's fourth-largest grocer, it said.
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Brands and own-label do battle in western Europe
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez abandons Hershey pursuit
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide
- Samworth buys Euphorium bakery in UK
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues