FRANCE: Annual sales up at French retailer Systeme U
Système U increased share of French grocery market in 2012, it said
French retailer Système U saw sales increase in 2012, a year in which it also increased its share of the country's grocery market, the company claimed.
The company booked an 11% rise in revenue, excluding fuel, to EUR17.84bn (US$24.15bn). Including fuel sales, revenue was up 10% at EUR23.21bn.
On a comparable basis and including fuel, sales grew 3.5%.
Système U cited Kantar Worldpanel data that it said showed the retailer's share of the French grocery market reached 10%, up 0.6% year-on-year.
The retailer, which has over 1,500 stores in France, is the country's fourth-largest grocer, it said.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's