FRANCE: Annual sales up at French retailer Systeme U
Système U increased share of French grocery market in 2012, it said
French retailer Système U saw sales increase in 2012, a year in which it also increased its share of the country's grocery market, the company claimed.
The company booked an 11% rise in revenue, excluding fuel, to EUR17.84bn (US$24.15bn). Including fuel sales, revenue was up 10% at EUR23.21bn.
On a comparable basis and including fuel, sales grew 3.5%.
Système U cited Kantar Worldpanel data that it said showed the retailer's share of the French grocery market reached 10%, up 0.6% year-on-year.
The retailer, which has over 1,500 stores in France, is the country's fourth-largest grocer, it said.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016