FRANCE: Annual sales up at French retailer Systeme U
Système U increased share of French grocery market in 2012, it said
French retailer Système U saw sales increase in 2012, a year in which it also increased its share of the country's grocery market, the company claimed.
The company booked an 11% rise in revenue, excluding fuel, to EUR17.84bn (US$24.15bn). Including fuel sales, revenue was up 10% at EUR23.21bn.
On a comparable basis and including fuel, sales grew 3.5%.
Système U cited Kantar Worldpanel data that it said showed the retailer's share of the French grocery market reached 10%, up 0.6% year-on-year.
The retailer, which has over 1,500 stores in France, is the country's fourth-largest grocer, it said.
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO