UK: M&S: another weight off its mind - COMMENT (Members)
Marks & Spencer has sold its US retail chain, Brooks Brothers. Divesting Brook Brothers will help M&S focus on its UK business, which it sorely needs to do as recent performance begins to show early flickers of hope. Yet recently, its executive chairman has hinted at looking for opportunities overseas. This may raise a question over the company's degree of 'focus'.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast