DENMARK: Antimicrobials in the production of farm animals - the Danish perspective
Currently in the United States, there is a keen debate about the desirability of banning the use of antimicrobial growth promoters (AGPs) in farm animal production. On the one hand, medical researchers and regulators believe that there is now convincing evidence that the use of antimicrobials in animal production is one factor contributing to the development of antimicrobial resistance in pathogens which infect humans. On the other hand, representatives of the farming and animal health industries take the opposite view and point to the problems a ban on the use of AGPs would cause for those in farm animal production. Attention is drawn to the fact that in Denmark where AGPs are no longer used there was a 30% increase in the amount of antimicrobials used to treat animals in 2000 compared with the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review