FRANCE: Aoste confirms 68 job cuts in Yssingeaux plant closure
A spokesperson for Campofrio told just-food the union talks “went well”
French cold meats firm Aoste, part of Spain's Campofrio Food Group, has said the closure of its Yssingeaux plant in the south of France will result in 68 job cuts.
The company this week confirmed it had entered into discussions with union officials over the closure of the Haute-Loire-based facility. Management met with CCE, the employees representatives committee, yesterday (13 December).
A spokesperson for Campofrio told just-food today the talks "went well", and as a result, the company has made a decision to cut 68 jobs. This will include 25 at the Yssingeaux facility and four at its St Symphorien's plant in central France.
The company had originally suggested around 25 staff members could be affected by the closure.
The spokesperson said around 29 employees will be offered contract amendments, involving relocation to its headquarters.
Discussions are expected to re-start in January, the spokesperson said.
The Yssingeaux plant produces cold meats under the Justin Bridou brand and for Carrefour in France.
In April, Aoste announced plans to close its Boffres plant in south-west France, which employed around 70 staff.
Carrefour Argentina SA is expected to continue focusing its expansion strategy on building its presence through store-based retailing, with plans to increase the number of outlets in the new Carrefour...
Carrefour intends to continue to invest in new formats in order to combat slow growth plaguing hypermarkets, as consumers increasingly prefer more convenient and manageable grocery formats. The compan...
Dubai-based retail and hospitality group Majid Al Futtaim is looking to buy a stake in Middle East grocer Spinneys....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report