FRANCE: Aoste confirms 68 job cuts in Yssingeaux plant closure
A spokesperson for Campofrio told just-food the union talks “went well”
French cold meats firm Aoste, part of Spain's Campofrio Food Group, has said the closure of its Yssingeaux plant in the south of France will result in 68 job cuts.
The company this week confirmed it had entered into discussions with union officials over the closure of the Haute-Loire-based facility. Management met with CCE, the employees representatives committee, yesterday (13 December).
A spokesperson for Campofrio told just-food today the talks "went well", and as a result, the company has made a decision to cut 68 jobs. This will include 25 at the Yssingeaux facility and four at its St Symphorien's plant in central France.
The company had originally suggested around 25 staff members could be affected by the closure.
The spokesperson said around 29 employees will be offered contract amendments, involving relocation to its headquarters.
Discussions are expected to re-start in January, the spokesperson said.
The Yssingeaux plant produces cold meats under the Justin Bridou brand and for Carrefour in France.
In April, Aoste announced plans to close its Boffres plant in south-west France, which employed around 70 staff.
Carrefour Argentina SA is expected to continue focusing its expansion strategy on building its presence through store-based retailing, with plans to increase the number of outlets in the new Carrefour...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in Spain, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indi...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts category in Spain, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides ind...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Cooked Meats - Packaged category in Spain, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report