FRANCE: Aoste confirms 68 job cuts in Yssingeaux plant closure
A spokesperson for Campofrio told just-food the union talks “went well”
French cold meats firm Aoste, part of Spain's Campofrio Food Group, has said the closure of its Yssingeaux plant in the south of France will result in 68 job cuts.
The company this week confirmed it had entered into discussions with union officials over the closure of the Haute-Loire-based facility. Management met with CCE, the employees representatives committee, yesterday (13 December).
A spokesperson for Campofrio told just-food today the talks "went well", and as a result, the company has made a decision to cut 68 jobs. This will include 25 at the Yssingeaux facility and four at its St Symphorien's plant in central France.
The company had originally suggested around 25 staff members could be affected by the closure.
The spokesperson said around 29 employees will be offered contract amendments, involving relocation to its headquarters.
Discussions are expected to re-start in January, the spokesperson said.
The Yssingeaux plant produces cold meats under the Justin Bridou brand and for Carrefour in France.
In April, Aoste announced plans to close its Boffres plant in south-west France, which employed around 70 staff.
Dubai-based retail and hospitality group Majid Al Futtaim is looking to buy a stake in Middle East grocer Spinneys....
Plum Organics this week joined Happy Family and Ella's Kitchen as three organic baby food brands set to have new, multinational owners. Campbell Soup Co. is to buy Plum, joining Danone and Hain Celest...
Carrefour has sold its stake in its venture with Dubai-based group Majid Al Futtaim - but said the franchise deal between the two companies will be expanded....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ahold Delhaize resolves Kraft Heinz delisting spat
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report