USA: A&P appoints new chief financial officer
US supermarket operator The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P) has announced the appointment of Brenda Galgano as senior vice president and chief financial officer.
Galgano joined A&P in 1999 as director of corporate accounting, and later served as assistant corporate controller. She was named corporate controller in 2002, and became senior vice president in 2004. As CFO, she will succeed Mitchell Goldstein, who will leave the company after a transition period.
The company also said John Metzger has been appointed to the new position of executive vice president. Since joining A&P in 1999, Metzger has directed A&P's supply and logistics and information technology functions, and directed the completion of the company's enterprise-wide systems infrastructure initiative. In addition to directing those functions, he now assumes responsibility for real estate, design and construction, and will assist president and CEO Eric Claus in the general administrative management of the company.
Meanwhile, Allan Richards has been appointed senior vice president of human resources, labour relations and legal services. Richards joined A&P in 2004 as senior vice president of labour relations, and later assumed direction of the company's human resources department.
Stephen Slade has been appointed senior vice president of merchandising. Slade joined A&P in 2004 as head of the A&P operations in New York and New Jersey, and later assumed direction of all company fresh store operations. He succeeds Bob Panasuk, who has left the company.
Paul Wiseman has been appointed senior vice president of operations, effective 12 September, succeeding Slade in that role. Wiseman joined A&P Canada in 2004 as senior vice president of discount operations.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review