US: A&P CEO Martin leaves US retailer
A&P CEO Sam Martin has left the US grocer, the company said today (10 January).
In a statement, A&P confirmed Martin's departure after over three years of the business.
"Sam Martin has departed as the company's CEO. We all thank Sam for his time at A&P and wish him well in his future endeavours," A&P said.
When contacted by just-food, A&P declined to comment on why Martin had left the retailer.
Martin joined A&P in July 2010. He joined A&P, loaded with debt and hit by competition, only six months after former Borders Group boss Ron Marshall was named chief executive.
A&P emerged from Chapter 11 in March 2012 following an injection of capital from Ron Burkle's investment vehicle Yucaipa Cos and financing from JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Credit Suisse.
The retailer said it plans to identify a replacement for Martin this year, with executive chairman Greg Mays in charge in the short term.
"The company has made tremendous headway since Greg Mays was installed as executive chairman over 14 months ago, and Mr. Mays will continue to serve as executive chairman. At the appropriate time in the company's 2014 planning process, a new chief executive officer will be identified," A&P said.
"Fish & Seafood Market in Benin: Databook to 2017" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market research covering the Fish & Seafood market in Benin....
"Fish & Seafood Market in Ivory Coast: Databook to 2017" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market research covering the Fish & Seafood market in Ivory Coast....
"The Future of the Fish & Seafood Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market an...
A number of private-equity firms have reportedly submitted preliminary bids for German frozen cake company Coppenrath & Wiese. ...
"The Future of the Fish & Seafood Market in Italy to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company res...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Comment: Act now to cut antibiotics in meat
- Focus: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- First Milk to cut jobs, milk prices
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Arla Foods amba - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019