USA: A&P exceeds expectations for 2001 Q4 and FY
The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co (A&P), one of the first supermarket chains in the US, has announced unaudited fiscal 2001 Q4 and annual results for the 12 and 52 weeks ended 23 February 2002. Sales for the Q4 were US$2.5bn, compared with US$2.6bn in fiscal 2000; comparable store sales increased 0.5% and earnings per share were US$.20, compared with a loss of US$.28 in fiscal 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid