US: A&P expands private label bakery and deli lines
The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co has announced the expansion of its premium private label Two Forks Bakery and Hartford Reserve Deli lines.
In bakery, the US supermarket group added a line of cupcakes and rebranded its key lime and apple pies. Meanwhile, its Hartford Reserve Deli range will see the introduction of entertaining crackers, soups and "artisan" pre-cut cheeses, the company revealed yesterday (24 September).
These new products will be available at A&P's Pathmark, Superfresh, A&P and Waldbaum's stores.
A&P has faced financial difficulties in recent years and emerged from bankruptcy in March. The company has since focused on improving its quality offering in a bid to appeal to shoppers.
"We are focused on bringing only the best to our neighborhood customers, and these additions serve to enhance our Two Forks Bakery and Hartford Reserve Deli lines," Tom O'Boyle, A&P's EVP of merchandising and marketing commented.
A&P Introduces New Two Forks Bakery and Hartford Reserve Deli Products
More Exclusive, High-Quality Own Brand Items Now Available in Select Rebranded In-Store Departments
MONTVALE, N.J. - September 24, 2012 - The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea, Co. (A&P) today announced the addition of a variety of delicious new items to its revamped Two Forks Bakery and Hartford Reserve Deli in-store departments. The Two Forks Bakery features fresh, quality bakery products and decadent desserts, while the Hartford Reserve Deli offers premium deli meats, cheeses, crackers and condiments.
Recent additions to the bakery include:
A new line of premium cupcakes in Triple Chocolate, Red Velvet, Vanilla Bean and Lemon Ice flavors. These decadent treats are sold in packs of four.
The company has also re-branded its popular key lime and apple pies.
Additionally, a new line of entertaining crackers, bulk and pre-packaged soups, and pre-cut artisan cheeses will be added to the Hartford Reserve Deli. These new products will be available in stores in the coming months.
"We are focused on bringing only the best to our neighborhood customers, and these additions serve to enhance our Two Forks Bakery and Hartford Reserve Deli lines," says Tom O'Boyle, A&P's Executive Vice President of Merchandising and Marketing. "We are confident that these new additions will not only meet, but exceed, our customers' expectations."
Customers can visit select neighborhood stores for free samples of our Two Forks bakery items on Saturdays through Oct. 13.
Both the Two Forks Bakery and Hartford Reserve Deli are exclusive to A&P, Pathmark, Superfresh and Waldbaum's stores.
Original source: The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis