US: A&P in takeover bid for Pathmark
Supermarket operator The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P) has tabled a takeover bid for the New Jersey-based retailer Pathmark Stores.
According to statements from both companies, A&P has made a US$12.50 per share offer for Pathmark, with the deal being comprised of cash and A&P stock.
But the companies said that no final agreement had yet been reached and there could be no assurance that any agreement would be reached. The companies added that if a final agreement is reached, it would remain subject to a number of uncertainties and conditions, such as shareholder and regulatory approvals, including Federal and State antitrust clearances.
Pathmark operates 141 supermarkets, primarily in the New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia metropolitan areas. A&P trades from some 410 outlets across nine states and the District of Columbia under the A&P, Waldbaum's, The Food Emporium, Super Foodmart, Super Fresh, Farmer Jack, Sav-A-Center and Food Basics trading names.
US retailer A&P has revealed the earliest date on which it could finally seal its planned acquisition of regional supermarket chain Pathmark....
The move to a new corporate HQ has weighed on first-half earnings at Tasty Baking, the US company has reported....
Kraft Foods has refused to be drawn on claims in the US that the company could consider selling its cheese business. The US food giant stayed tight-lipped after a report quoted sources close to the bu...
Costs related to its proposed sale to US retail group A&P has led to rising losses at local supermarket operator Pathmark....
Tasty Baking is to relocate its Philadelphia operations to leased facilities, which will be home to a newly constructed bakery and a "green" corporate headquarters....
US retail group Pathmark saw losses narrow last year thanks to the success of a series of merchandising initiatives....
Philadelphia baked goods group the Tasty Baking Company has announced the appointment of Mark T. Timbie to its board of directors as a Class I director....
Switzerland's largest retailer Migros has bulldozed a 22% retail price concession out of Swiss supplier Ferrero for relisting its 200g Kinder 'tranches de lait' cake bars....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report