USA: A&P names John Metzger as CIO
One of the nation's first supermarket chains (founded in 1859), New Jersey-based The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P) has announced the appointment of John E. Metzger to Senior VP & chief information officer. Reporting directly to Christian Haub, Chairman of the Board, President & CEO, Metzger will be responsible for leading the Information Services organization in support of A&P's strategic initiatives and objectives. He succeeds Nicholas L. Ioli, Jr, who left the company to pursue other opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid