USA: A&P sells nine New England supermarkets
US retailer Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company has announced separate agreements for the sale of nine supermarkets in northern New England, to supermarket companies Stop & Shop and Big Y Foods. A&P said it expects to realise proceeds of approximately US$80m upon completion of the transactions, which are subject to the satisfaction of customary conditions and regulatory reviews.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'