USA: Apple growers urge Farm Bill conferees to include market loss assistance in final bill
A bipartisan group of members of Congress have urged House and Senate farm bill conferees to include US$100m in emergency market loss assistance for apple growers in the final version of the farm bill. Specifically, Reps. Doc Hastings (R-Wash.) and Maurice Hinchey (D-NY) garnered the support of 48 fellow members of the House of Representatives, while Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Gordon Smith (R-Ore.) were joined by 17 of their Senate colleagues on letters to House and Senate farm bill conferees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK