USA: Applebee's International reports September comparable sales
Applebee's International, Inc. (Nasdaq:APPB) yesterday reported comparable sales for the September fiscal period and provided an updated outlook for the remainder of 2001 in the wake of the tragic events of September 11th. Comparable sales for company restaurants increased 1.5 percent during the five-week period ending September 30, 2001, reflecting flat guest traffic combined with a higher average check. System-wide comparable sales increased 2.4 percent for the September period, and comparable sales for franchise restaurants increased 2.7 percent. Comparable sales for the third quarter ending September 30, 2001 increased 1.9 percent for company restaurants, with system-wide and franchise restaurant comparable sales up 2.7 percent and 2.9 percent, respectively.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever