USA: Applebee's International reports September comparable sales
Applebee's International, Inc. (Nasdaq:APPB) yesterday reported comparable sales for the September fiscal period and provided an updated outlook for the remainder of 2001 in the wake of the tragic events of September 11th. Comparable sales for company restaurants increased 1.5 percent during the five-week period ending September 30, 2001, reflecting flat guest traffic combined with a higher average check. System-wide comparable sales increased 2.4 percent for the September period, and comparable sales for franchise restaurants increased 2.7 percent. Comparable sales for the third quarter ending September 30, 2001 increased 1.9 percent for company restaurants, with system-wide and franchise restaurant comparable sales up 2.7 percent and 2.9 percent, respectively.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs