USA: Applebee's International reports September comparable sales
Applebee's International, Inc. (Nasdaq:APPB) yesterday reported comparable sales for the September fiscal period and provided an updated outlook for the remainder of 2001 in the wake of the tragic events of September 11th. Comparable sales for company restaurants increased 1.5 percent during the five-week period ending September 30, 2001, reflecting flat guest traffic combined with a higher average check. System-wide comparable sales increased 2.4 percent for the September period, and comparable sales for franchise restaurants increased 2.7 percent. Comparable sales for the third quarter ending September 30, 2001 increased 1.9 percent for company restaurants, with system-wide and franchise restaurant comparable sales up 2.7 percent and 2.9 percent, respectively.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations