USA: Applebee's sees August comparable sales up on promotion
Overland Park, Kansas-based casual dining concept Applebee's International, yesterday [Wednesday] reported comparable sales for the four-week period ended 25 August 2002.
System-wide comparable sales increased 1.9% for the August period, and comparable sales for franchise restaurants increased 2.2%. Comparable sales for company restaurants increased 0.8%, reflecting an increase in guest traffic of about 2.5%, combined with a lower average check.
Applebee's explained that August comparable sales were positively impacted by the company's All You Can Eat Riblets promotion, which began on 12 August as part of the current Hometown BBQ campaign.
System-wide comparable sales for the quarter-to-date period (eight weeks) have increased 1.7%, with franchise and company restaurant comparable sales up 2% and 0.6%, respectively.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up