UK: Appointment of Peter Melchett for Iceland Foods
Malcolm Walker, chairman of Iceland Foods, today confirms that Peter Melchett is to join the company following his departure from his post as executive director of Greenpeace UK.Peter Melchett will take up his role as environmental and ethical advisor on a part-time basis at the company's headquarters in Deeside, from February 2001.Malcolm Walker says: "Iceland has become known for its pioneering stances on many issues such as GM, organic food and environmentally friendly appliances. Next year we will be embarking on a formal environmental audit for the first time and developing a more structured way of environmental reporting. Peter's wealth of experience, not only from his time at Greenpeace, but through his organic farming and previous involvement with other organisations such as the World Wide Fund for Nature and the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, will be invaluable. We look forward to welcoming him to the team."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'