UK: Appointment of Peter Melchett for Iceland Foods
Malcolm Walker, chairman of Iceland Foods, today confirms that Peter Melchett is to join the company following his departure from his post as executive director of Greenpeace UK.Peter Melchett will take up his role as environmental and ethical advisor on a part-time basis at the company's headquarters in Deeside, from February 2001.Malcolm Walker says: "Iceland has become known for its pioneering stances on many issues such as GM, organic food and environmentally friendly appliances. Next year we will be embarking on a formal environmental audit for the first time and developing a more structured way of environmental reporting. Peter's wealth of experience, not only from his time at Greenpeace, but through his organic farming and previous involvement with other organisations such as the World Wide Fund for Nature and the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, will be invaluable. We look forward to welcoming him to the team."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund