UK: Appointment of Peter Melchett for Iceland Foods
Malcolm Walker, chairman of Iceland Foods, today confirms that Peter Melchett is to join the company following his departure from his post as executive director of Greenpeace UK.Peter Melchett will take up his role as environmental and ethical advisor on a part-time basis at the company's headquarters in Deeside, from February 2001.Malcolm Walker says: "Iceland has become known for its pioneering stances on many issues such as GM, organic food and environmentally friendly appliances. Next year we will be embarking on a formal environmental audit for the first time and developing a more structured way of environmental reporting. Peter's wealth of experience, not only from his time at Greenpeace, but through his organic farming and previous involvement with other organisations such as the World Wide Fund for Nature and the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, will be invaluable. We look forward to welcoming him to the team."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs