EGYPT: Arafat snacks launched by private food firm
Privately held Egyptian firm Al-Jawhara Food Stuff has launched a line of snacks in the country emblazoned with the image of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat. The crisps have been designed to raise money for the Palestinian people fighting the Intifada (uprising) against Israeli occupation, company executive Ali Ghoneim told Agence France-Presse yesterday [Sunday]: "It's a message to the children so that they become familiar with the Palestinian cause and the right of Palestinians to live in peace on their land."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move