USA: Aramark faces further race discrimination retaliation case
A race discrimination and retaliation lawsuit was filed last Friday by a white employee against Aramark Corp, the largest provider of outsourcing services in the US, in relation to its operations at Presbyterian Hospital in Philadelphia. This suit follows the filing of a race discrimination class action by African American employees that was filed against ARAMARK/Presbyterian in August 2001. This case, filed by ten employees on behalf of black workers in certain departments at ARAMARK/Presbyterian, alleges that the defendants engaged in ongoing, pervasive racial discrimination in disciplinary actions against class members. The action further alleges that four of the named plaintiffs were fired based upon fabricated disciplinary charges, when in actuality, they were terminated because they objected to the discriminatory pattern of discipline. In addition, white supervisors are alleged to have used various racial epithets, such as "ni**er" and "black punk" when referring to African American employees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review