DENMARK: Ardrovries NV in Danisco frozen meals takeover
Earlier today, Danisco announced that it was beginning divestment negotiations to sell its frozen vegetable and ready meal operations to Ardrovries NV, a Belgian producer.The food, sugar and packaging group is a worldwide leader in the development and production of food ingredients, and its net turnover last year totalled US$3.3bn. The vegetable operations being discussed are situated in Denmark, Ireland, Spain and the Netherlands.These talks are only the start of Danisco's divestment plans. A statement revealed that the company would continue to control the production of condiments, fried potatoes, marmalade and fried onions, but these activities would later be split into separate operation units.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance