ITALY: Arena buys Garbini to take on Findus and Nestlé in frozen food sector
Arena Holding , an Italian food company active in poultry and frozen food, has purchased compatriot company Garbini , strengthening its third-place position in frozen foods behind Findus and Nestlé . Arena paid €14m for a 75% stake in Garbini. The rest will remain with the Garbini family, which will stay on as head of Garbini as the two companies will continue to operate separately for the time being.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations