ITALY: Arena buys Garbini to take on Findus and Nestlé in frozen food sector
Arena Holding , an Italian food company active in poultry and frozen food, has purchased compatriot company Garbini , strengthening its third-place position in frozen foods behind Findus and Nestlé . Arena paid €14m for a 75% stake in Garbini. The rest will remain with the Garbini family, which will stay on as head of Garbini as the two companies will continue to operate separately for the time being.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1