DENMARK: Arla aims to slash greenhouse emissions
Arla Foods has set a target of cutting the greenhouse gases from its production, transport and packaging by 25% by 2020.
The Denmark-based dairy giant admitted the target was "ambitious" but said it wanted to play its part in combating climate change.
"We don't have all the answers yet, but we're sending out a strong signal now to employees and business partners that, as a major company, we take our GHG emissions very seriously," said Arla Foods CEO Peder Tuborgh. "We want to offer customers and consumers more climate friendly products and contribute to national and international climate targets."
The company said its current emissions are estimated at 1.5m tonnes a year.
Tuborgh said Arla would look to set up research project with rivals in the UK, Swedish and Danish dairy markets to reduce the greenhouse gases from dairy farms.
Arla Foods has acquired the remaining 70% of the outstanding shares in Finnish venture Arla Ingman, which has now become a fully-owned subsidiary....
Dairy giant Arla Foods closed its half-year in line with expectations, despite a "challenging environment" and a loss in revenues....
Anchor, the free-range butter company, is launching its first unsalted variant....
Arla Foods is increasing payments to farmers looking to focus more on organic production....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report