UK: Arla Foods to up milk price for farmers
The increase will be applied by way of an adjustment to the Business Market Related element of the Arla Milk Link milk and take its standard litre price to 28.83ppl, it said today (19 November).
Arla Foods senior VP for milk and member services Neil Kennedy said the increase was being implemented at a time when "all in dairying are under considerable financial pressure".
"Arla is committed to supporting its farmers," he said. "This price increase has been possible due to the fact that the global industry markets continue to be positive and the company has been able to implement price increases in some of its markets."
The rapidly expanding Chinese food sector has long been a focus for multinationals looking beyond developed western markets for expansion. However, it isn't just the international food Goliaths - with...
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down