UK: Arla Foods to up milk price for farmers
The increase will be applied by way of an adjustment to the Business Market Related element of the Arla Milk Link milk and take its standard litre price to 28.83ppl, it said today (19 November).
Arla Foods senior VP for milk and member services Neil Kennedy said the increase was being implemented at a time when "all in dairying are under considerable financial pressure".
"Arla is committed to supporting its farmers," he said. "This price increase has been possible due to the fact that the global industry markets continue to be positive and the company has been able to implement price increases in some of its markets."
The rapidly expanding Chinese food sector has long been a focus for multinationals looking beyond developed western markets for expansion. However, it isn't just the international food Goliaths - with...
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- On the money: Can Danone grow fresh dairy?
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry sales, earnings rise but food weighs
- ABF continues to expect profit drop
- Irish Dairy Board to change name to Ornua