UK: Arla Foods to up milk price for farmers
The increase will be applied by way of an adjustment to the Business Market Related element of the Arla Milk Link milk and take its standard litre price to 28.83ppl, it said today (19 November).
Arla Foods senior VP for milk and member services Neil Kennedy said the increase was being implemented at a time when "all in dairying are under considerable financial pressure".
"Arla is committed to supporting its farmers," he said. "This price increase has been possible due to the fact that the global industry markets continue to be positive and the company has been able to implement price increases in some of its markets."
The rapidly expanding Chinese food sector has long been a focus for multinationals looking beyond developed western markets for expansion. However, it isn't just the international food Goliaths - with...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods