UK: Arla Foods to up milk price for farmers
The increase will be applied by way of an adjustment to the Business Market Related element of the Arla Milk Link milk and take its standard litre price to 28.83ppl, it said today (19 November).
Arla Foods senior VP for milk and member services Neil Kennedy said the increase was being implemented at a time when "all in dairying are under considerable financial pressure".
"Arla is committed to supporting its farmers," he said. "This price increase has been possible due to the fact that the global industry markets continue to be positive and the company has been able to implement price increases in some of its markets."
The rapidly expanding Chinese food sector has long been a focus for multinationals looking beyond developed western markets for expansion. However, it isn't just the international food Goliaths - with...
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Tesco delists Rachel's Organic yoghurt range
- Hostess sale rumours hit headlines again
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- China to introduce "toughest" food safety law yet