UK: Arla Foods to up milk price for farmers
The increase will be applied by way of an adjustment to the Business Market Related element of the Arla Milk Link milk and take its standard litre price to 28.83ppl, it said today (19 November).
Arla Foods senior VP for milk and member services Neil Kennedy said the increase was being implemented at a time when "all in dairying are under considerable financial pressure".
"Arla is committed to supporting its farmers," he said. "This price increase has been possible due to the fact that the global industry markets continue to be positive and the company has been able to implement price increases in some of its markets."
The rapidly expanding Chinese food sector has long been a focus for multinationals looking beyond developed western markets for expansion. However, it isn't just the international food Goliaths - with...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Briefing: The emergence of gluten-free in Spain
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food