UK: Arla Foods ups milk payments
Arla’s standard litre price of milk rises to 24.5 pence
Arla Foods UK is to increase what it pays its cooperative members for milk, the company said today, as commodity prices continue to firm in 2010.
Arla said that it would pay an additional 0.5ppl for milk supplied by members of its dedicated supply group, Arla Foods Milk Partnership (AFMP), from 1 June 2010, taking Arla’s standard litre price to 24.5 pence.
Hanne Søndergaard, deputy chief executive of Arla Foods UK, said: “Market projections suggest that commodity prices will continue to firm throughout 2010. This 0.5ppl increase on Arla’s standard litre is based on these predicted returns and is line with Arla’s objective of delivering a stable and competitive milk price.”
AFMP chairman, Jonathan Ovens, added: "This increase follows a period of discussion between AFMP and Arla. The partnership board will continue to monitor commodities and other factors affecting milk price on an ongoing basis."
The creeping consolidation in Europe's dairy sector has continued this year, with confirmed or mooted mergers in Austria, France and Germany marking the industry's more notable moves and, today (17 De...
The start of the week saw a flurry of a retail news, with confirmation of A&P's move into Chapter 11 protection in the US and Wal-Mart Stores' decision to close its office in Russia. Later in the week...
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review