CANADA: Arla recalls Mauri Gorgonzola on listeria fears
Arla Foods has initiated a recall of its Mauri branded Gorgonzola cheese after tests detected low levels of Listeria monocytogenes.
Arla said that the product was supplied by Italian firm Emilio Mauri. No illnesses have been reported, but the company urged consumers to return the cheese for a full refund.
Mauri Brand Gorgonzola Cheese
February 26, 2013 -- Arla Foods Canada has issued a voluntary recall for imported Mauri Brand Gorgonzola Cheese supplied from Emilio Mauri S.p.A in Italy effective immediately.
The product and best before dates are as follows:
Mauri Bonta’zola Gorgonzola 1.44 kg Wheel
Arla Foods Canada is working in partnership with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency to ensure the public safety and uphold the company’s commitment to the highest standards for quality and safety.
Low levels of Listeria monocytogenes were detected in samples of Mauri Gorgonzola Cheese which were recalled on February 25.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of the recalled products.
Listeria may cause Listeriosis. The most common symptoms of Listeriosis are fever and muscle aches and vomiting. Anyone with these symptoms or suspect they may have been exposed to Listeria should seek medical attention.
Consumers who have purchased these products should discard them immediately. Consumers are eligible to be reimbursed and can return product to point of purchase for a refund or with a receipt, product label or empty package sent to Arla Foods Inc.
For additional information consumers can contact Cari Choueiri at Arla Foods Canada Customer Care at 1-800-585-9140 or 905-669-9393 Ext 438.
Original source: Arla Foods
China Mengniu Dairy Co. is expected to announce it has struck a deal to acquire a controlling stake in local infant formula firm Yashili International Holdings. ...
Adams Foods has moved its Mu cheese brand into the milkshake category with a launch in Tesco....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits