UK: Arla sells Crediton Dairy milk drinks business
Crediton Dairy manufacturers brands like Moo long-life milk
Neil Kennedy, former chief executive of Milk Link and Tim Smiddy, the UK co-op's ex-finance director has led an MBO of Crediton.
The deal, struck for an undisclosed sum, was required as part of EU approval of Arla's merger with Milk Link last year. Arla will continue to supply the dairy with milk.
Smiddy, who will become Crediton Dairy's MD, said the business had "strong growth potential", pointing to its "growing customer base" and "established" products.
Crediton Dairy produces Moo long-life milk, functional milk sold under the Flora Pro Activ brand and chocolate milkk under licence for Mars Inc.
European dairy co-operative Arla Foods has set out an ambitious growth plan for its Russian business. The firm has indicated it intends to triple sales in the country. Katy Askew caught up with Arla s...
Arla Foods plans to set up an "innovation centre" in Denmark in a bid to compete in a "tough" international dairy market....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre