UK: Arla Sheffield Park site to close
Arla Foods has announced its intention to close its Sheffield Park distribution facility near Uckfield.
The closure, planned for July, is subject to consultation and will result in the loss of around 90 jobs.
"Arla has completed a thorough review of its business in the south of England and, subject to consultation, the company intends to integrate its Sheffield Park deliveries into its other southern sites which are Oakthorpe dairy, North London and Hatfield Peverel dairy based in Essex," said a spokesperson for Arla.
The company confirmed they will be entering into consultation with its Sheffield Park employees and their representatives immediately.
Brian Salter, operations director for distribution at Arla Foods, said: "We regret the need to announce the proposed closure of the distribution facility at the Sheffield Park site.
"We intend to give full support to affected staff to help them find alternative employment both within and external to Arla Foods, subject to the consultation process."
The closure will result in the site being decommissioned.
Arla Foods has acquired the remaining 70% of the outstanding shares in Finnish venture Arla Ingman, which has now become a fully-owned subsidiary....
Dairy giant Arla Foods closed its half-year in line with expectations, despite a "challenging environment" and a loss in revenues....
Anchor, the free-range butter company, is launching its first unsalted variant....
Arla Foods is increasing payments to farmers looking to focus more on organic production....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO