DENMARK/UK: Arla's Lurpak to enter organic category
Arla Foods is to take its flagship butter brand Lurpak into the organic category in the UK.
The dairy giant will launch Lurpak Organic Spreadable this month in a bid to break into a sector dominated by own-label products.
Lurpak brand manager Jessica Hardcastle said: "Our research tells us that consumers want an organic butter, spreads and margarine product from a brand they can trust.
"The Lurpak brand is seen as pure, natural and best tasting by consumers and an organic version is a natural extension to our portfolio."
As Marks & Spencer reported its year-end results last month, the UK retailer also announced that it planned to introduce branded goods into some of its stores on a trial basis. With the pilot project ...
Flowers Foods has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Florida-based ButterKrust Bakery....
Japanese consumers are increasingly turning to own-label products as food prices rise, a survey has found....
Arla Foods is increasing payments to farmers looking to focus more on organic production....
Rising fuel prices are prompting consumers to turn to own-label food products in order to cut grocery bills, a number of recent US studies have found....
South African consumers still view private-label goods as a second-rate option, despite rising sales in the country, according to research giant Nielsen....
Farmers have welcomed Morrisons' plans to extend support for the UK dairy industry....
Northern Foods has moved back into profit after raising selling prices to offset the higher cost of cheese and wheat....
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs