US: Arle Capital chair Buckley to join PepsiCo board
- Buckley to join PepsiCo audit committee
The chairman of private-equity firm Arle Capital Sir George Buckley is to join PepsiCo's board of directors.
Buckley will become PepsiCo director and join its audit committee in September. The 65-year-old was named chairman of UK-based Arle Capital earlier this year. His career includes stints as chief executive of US conglomerate 3M Company and boat manufacturer Brunswick Corp. He is also on the board of Archer Daniels Midland.
"George has years of proven results in business and financial leadership, innovation, and management," PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi said.
PepsiCo Announces Election of Sir George Buckley to its Board of Directors
PURCHASE, N.Y., July 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE: PEP) today announced the election of Sir George Buckley to its Board of Directors. Buckley will join the Board and the Audit Committee effective September 19, 2012.
Buckley, 65, assumed the role of Chairman of Arle Capital LLP, a private equity firm, earlier this year. From 2005 to 2012, he served as Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of 3M Company, and from 1997 to 2005 as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Brunswick Corporation, a multi-billion dollar boat and recreational product manufacturer.
He is a member of the boards of Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Archer-Daniels Midland Company and Hitachi Ltd.
"George has years of proven results in business and financial leadership, innovation, and management," said PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi. "We are delighted that he will bring that strong record of achievement to PepsiCo."
Buckley received a Ph.D. in engineering through joint studies at the University of Southampton and the University of Huddersfield in the UK. He also holds a Bachelor of Science in electrical and electronic engineering and an honorary Doctor of Science degree in engineering from the University of Huddersfield. He was knighted in 2011 for his services to industry.
The election of Buckley to PepsiCo's Board will bring the total number of directors to 13, and the total number of independent outside directors to 12. PepsiCo's Board includes one inside director, Ms. Nooyi.
Original source: PepsiCo
Suppliers and retailers have a mass of data on consumer behaviour but Shopper iQ believes it provides vital information its rivals do not. Roger Jackson, the service's founder, argues there is a lack ...
Commodity trader Glencore has said it wants to be a "true leader" in global grain trading after completing its acquisition of Viterra in a deal worth US$6bn....
PepsiCo has expanded its Tostitos snack brand in the US with the launch of a range of cantina chips and salsas this month....
US agribusiness Archer Daniels Midland has sold its stake in Gruma back to the Mexican group....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities