Armenia blocks US poultry on bird flu worries
Armenia has blocked some US poultry imports
The Armenian government has blocked imports of poultry products from a number of US states on bird flu concerns.
The State Service for Food Safety at Armenia's Ministry of Agriculture said all live birds, raw materials, table and incubation eggs, meat and bone meal among other imports had been suspended.
The states affected by the ban include Arkansas, California, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
"The decision was made for preventing the entry of highly pathogenic avian influenza (H5N1, H5N8 type) recorded in the USA to the Republic of Armenia," said the body.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO