USA: ARS offers new online nutrient directory for consumers
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS), the US Department of Agriculture's (USDA) chief scientific research agency, has launched an online data resource for nutrient-conscious consumers and dietary professionals. Designed by scientists at the ARS Nutrient Data Laboratory (NDL) in Beltsville, the site enables users to find out the amount of a specified nutrient within any one of 1,147 food items, in terms of commonly consumed portion sizes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre