SWITZERLAND: Aryzta acquires North American bakeries
Aryzta eyes North American growth as sales in the region slow
Switzerland-based bakery group Aryzta has set its sights on expansion in North America with the acquisition of two bakeries in the region - Pineridge Bakery in Canada and Cloverhill Bakery in the US.
The company said it had agreed to pay a combined EUR730m (US$1.01bn), with further post-acquisition investments of EUR70m anticipated. Aryzta said its deals would "significantly" boost its North American bakery capabilities, customer access and product portfolio.
The acquisitions are expected to generate double-digit earnings per share growth in fiscal 2015, the first full year the businesses will be included in Aryzta's results, the company said.
The baker announced the news as it reported its first-half results for the six months to 31 December.
During the period, Aryzta booked a 3.5% drop in sales from its North American businesses. The group's "rest of world" units also saw sales decline - dropping 9.9%. However, this was more than offset by a 19.1% increase in European sales.
Overall, food sales were up 5.7%. EBITA from Aryzta's food businesses increased 5.6% to EUR194.2m, while underlying net profit gained 6.5% to EUR129.4m.
However Origin, the group's agribusiness joint venture, weighed on the group result. As a result, group sales were up 1.7% to EUR2.10bn, group EBITA increased 6.4% to EUR198.3m and underlying fully diluted net profit increased 4.7% to EUR135.6m.
The company reiterated its guidance for double-digit earnings per share growth in fiscal 2014.
Click here to view the full release from Aryzta.
Canadean's "ARYZTA AG : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during March 2014....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019