UK: Asda creates 1,250 new distribution jobs
UK supermarket chain Asda is creating 1,250 warehouse and driver jobs and building two new distribution centres. The group explained that the growth was prompted by increasing customer demand. It includes 500 new warehouse jobs and 200 new drivers in 21 distribution centres across the UK; 250 jobs at a new general merchandise distribution centre in Lutterworth - opening this month; 300 jobs at a new clothing distribution centre - opening in September.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target