UK: Asda creates 1,250 new distribution jobs
UK supermarket chain Asda is creating 1,250 warehouse and driver jobs and building two new distribution centres. The group explained that the growth was prompted by increasing customer demand. It includes 500 new warehouse jobs and 200 new drivers in 21 distribution centres across the UK; 250 jobs at a new general merchandise distribution centre in Lutterworth - opening this month; 300 jobs at a new clothing distribution centre - opening in September.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival