UK: ASDA go bananas over health news
ASDA's banana barons are celebrating today (2nd November 2000) as bananas are given a thumbs up from America's health watchdogs.The Food and Drug Administration of America (FDA) has approved claims that eating low sodium and potassium rich bananas can reduce the risk of high blood pressure and strokes.Steph Alcroft of the ASDA banana team said: "If it's good enough for America's bananas it's good enough for ours. I always knew that banana milkshakes and banoffee pie were good for you."ASDA's nutritionist Sue Malcolm commented: "This direct correlation between banana consumption, potassium intake and low blood pressure is welcome news, and just shows that health food isn't all brown rice and soya milk."Over 251 million bananas are sold every year in ASDA. That's an amazing 837 every single minute.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report