Food industry quotes of the week: Asda, Kerry Group, Greencore
The much-awaited campylobacter tests on supermarket chicken in the UK were published this week. On the mergers and acquisitions side, Abraaj raised its bid yet again for Bisco Misr. Conversely, Danone was reported to be mulling a sale of its shares in the Yakult business and Kerry Group was reportedly looking to offload its frozen ready-meals arm in the UK. Meanwhile, Ireland's Greencore published some strong annual results. Here is the week in quotes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill