UK: ASDA makes £52M of new year price cuts
ASDA on Monday, 8 January, began its most intensive price campaign, slashing prices by £52m over the first 80 days of the year. And ASDA won't just roll back prices. On Monday it also started to introduce the first of 400 'Smart Price' food products, Wal-Mart's new £450m budget brand. 'Smart Price' will ensure that ASDA's best value products will never be beaten on price by any other retailer, including the UK's continental discounters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations