UK: ASDA makes £52M of new year price cuts
ASDA on Monday, 8 January, began its most intensive price campaign, slashing prices by £52m over the first 80 days of the year. And ASDA won't just roll back prices. On Monday it also started to introduce the first of 400 'Smart Price' food products, Wal-Mart's new £450m budget brand. 'Smart Price' will ensure that ASDA's best value products will never be beaten on price by any other retailer, including the UK's continental discounters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses