UK: Asda marketing director Owen quits
Asda's marketing director marketing director Jon Owen has left the company
The UK's second-largest food retailer today (29 June) confirmed that Owen had left the position after a year in the role.
He first joined Asda in 2005 as head of research and replaced Mark Sinnock as marketing director last June. A spokesperson said Asda would appoint a successor for Owen "in due course".
Last week, Asda COO Simon King left the company after eight months in the job. King joined Asda in November from Turkish supermarket and hypermarket operator Panda Retail and replaced Andy Clarke, who became Asda CEO.
As well as our raft of insight articles, just-food continued to provide all the breaking news throughout the food industry in 2011. Below are the ten articles that had you clicking the most throughout...
The collapse of Lehman Brothers in October 2008 was a pivotal point in the evolution of our economic landscape. The fact businesses can look back to that day and pinpoint a sea-change in the shopping ...
A slump in consumer confidence and a turbulent year at a corporate level for some major retailers were defined 2011. Dean Best looks back at a tumultuous year for the world's major food retailers....
The economic downturn has seen private label, already more prevalent in Europe than in the US, make greater strides across almost every market in the region. SymphonyIRI's Rod Street, pointing to the ...
Tesco claims early results from the Big Price Drop - its campaign to lure cash-strapped shoppers and revive its UK sales - are positive. However, the view from The City was mixed after the retailer re...
Wal-Mart stunned the US food sector this week with a decision to pull a Mead Johnson infant formula brand after the death of a baby in Missouri. In the UK, two retailers, Thorntons and Ocado, faced th...
This week's reports from the just-food research store includes a look at intense sweetener stevia, which last month won EU approval for use in food and drink products sold in the region. The featured ...
The offices of global retailer Wal-Mart Stores' Chilean operation, as well as other local retailers, have been raided by the country's competition agency....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review