UK: Asda says Q2 like-for-like sales growth in high single digits
US retail giant Wal-Mart has said that its UK subsidiary Asda recorded sales growth in the low double digits for the second quarter to 31 July. Asda's second-quarter like-for-like sales were in the high single digits, Wal-Mart said, adding that growth was driven by an increase in both the number of customers and the amount of shopping purchased in individual visits.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant