UK: Asda says Q2 like-for-like sales growth in high single digits
US retail giant Wal-Mart has said that its UK subsidiary Asda recorded sales growth in the low double digits for the second quarter to 31 July. Asda's second-quarter like-for-like sales were in the high single digits, Wal-Mart said, adding that growth was driven by an increase in both the number of customers and the amount of shopping purchased in individual visits.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods