UK: Asda says Q2 like-for-like sales growth in high single digits
US retail giant Wal-Mart has said that its UK subsidiary Asda recorded sales growth in the low double digits for the second quarter to 31 July. Asda's second-quarter like-for-like sales were in the high single digits, Wal-Mart said, adding that growth was driven by an increase in both the number of customers and the amount of shopping purchased in individual visits.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti