UK: Asda to double its supercentres in the UK this year
Britain's third-largest supermarket chain Asda has revealed that it will double its number of supercentres in the UK this year in a bid to close the gap on sector giants, Tesco and Sainsbury's. By the end of this year, its US parent Wal-Mart explained that there will be 13 Asda Wal-Mart Supercentres operational. Those currently open in the UK sell traditional groceries as well as a large non-food offering, that includes bikes, jewellery, electronics and camping equipment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review