UK: Asda to handpick online grocery purchases from store shelves, closes London shopping depots
UK supermarket group Asda has revealed that it is closing two on-line shopping depots in Watford and Croydon. The closures will mean that consumers in and around London can expect only a "skeleton service" for the next two months, and the retailer switches to a process whereby groceries purchased online through AsdaatHome.com will now be hand picked from the store shelves.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target