UK: ASDA unveils the first supermarket cycle-pool and cut-price bikes for all colleagues
In a move to can the car and promote pedal power, ASDA yesterday unveiled plans to give all 100,000 colleagues the chance to buy a cost-price bike.ASDA will make bikes available on a profit-free basis to all colleagues early next year. If the take-up mirrors the national average for numbers of work trips made by bike (3 per cent) it could mean at least 3,000 ASDA colleagues ditch the daily drive and let the cycle take the strain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO