UK: ASDA Wal-Mart Supercentres Create 3,000 New Jobs Over Five Years
ASDA will create 3,000 new jobs with the opening of ten ASDA Wal-Mart Supercentres over the next five years. The first of three supercentres will open today at 10am (Monday 24th July) in Bristol followed by two in the Autumn of this year in Havant, Hampshire and Minworth in the West Midlands, a total of 750 new jobs and £50 million of investment.Colleagues for all the supercentres are being recruited through partnerships with the local employment service giving everyone, including New Deal job seekers aged 18-24, over 25s and people with disabilities, a real chance to find a job through developing new skills and experience. In addition the company also welcomes applications from people over 50.The supercentres will deliver Britain's best value shop with over 40,000 products - from local cheeses to Hershey bars, spectacles and sportswear.Allan Leighton, president and chief executive of ASDA and Wal-Mart Europe says, "This is the most exciting concept in Britain that brings together the best of Wal-Mart with all the things that ASDA is famous for. We are a people business and we need more colleagues than ever to help deliver exactly what today's customers want - the widest range, best value and the friendliest service".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review