UK: Asda wins contract with US teen queens Mary-Kate and Ashley
UK supermarket chain Asda has pipped retail rivals to the post with the £700m (US$1bn) signing of the European rights to the fashion empire of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. Two names virtually unknown to anyone out of their teens, 15-year-old twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have won a following amongst children the world over. Staring in films since they were seven months old, the sisters have developed their own "un-Britney" style, which has turned into a multi-million dollar fashion empire.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill