UK: Asda wins contract with US teen queens Mary-Kate and Ashley
UK supermarket chain Asda has pipped retail rivals to the post with the £700m (US$1bn) signing of the European rights to the fashion empire of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. Two names virtually unknown to anyone out of their teens, 15-year-old twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have won a following amongst children the world over. Staring in films since they were seven months old, the sisters have developed their own "un-Britney" style, which has turned into a multi-million dollar fashion empire.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- General Mills issues profit warning