CANADA/JAPAN: Ashbury Biologicals signs alliance with Japanese pharmaceutical group
Toronto-based Ashbury Biologicals, which develops ethical herbal drug products and nutritional supplements, has initiated a strategic partnership with SSP Co. of Tokyo, Japan.
SSP is a research-based manufacturer of Over the Counter (OTC) self-medications, dietary supplements, personal care products, and prescription pharmaceuticals. It is the third largest OTC pharmaceutical marketer in Japan.
This alliance will lead to the introduction of products that have been successful in the Japanese market, to the US and the relationship will also lead to new product development.
"The SSP alliance and our US launch plans are vitally important as the next stage of our commitment to creating a world class health care company with a broad range of science-based herbal and nutritional products as well as prescription pharmaceuticals," commented Ashbury's president, Peter Pekos.
"Given SSP's resources, and our common commitment to science-based health care, it is an ideal combination propelling us towards our goal to be a significant player in the US market."
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch