USA: Ask Jeeves and DOLE Fresh Fruit Company Give Bananas New Appeal
Ask Jeeves® announced that starting today, grocery shoppers nationwide who are buying DOLE® bananas for breakfast or their child's lunch are likely to find bananas bearing Ask Jeeves' stickers featuring questions such as "What nutrients are in bananas?" and "What's a recipe for banana cream pie?" The cross-promotional program with Dole is part of the company's national branding campaign, which is designed to create awareness about the breadth of information people can find through Ask Jeeves at Ask.com(TM).Ask Jeeves and Dole will label 100 million banana bunches with stickers featuring Jeeves, the world's first Internet butler, the Ask.com URL and questions related to bananas, ranging from "Where do bananas grow?" to "How many calories in a banana?" The DOLE banana program extends Ask Jeeves produce marketing initiative, which began last fall with 15 million Ask Jeeves-labeled apples and continued this spring with 60 million labeled oranges."Our national branding campaign is focused on demonstrating how valuable Ask Jeeves can be as a resource for answers to the questions people have in their daily lives," said David Hellier, vice president of marketing for Ask Jeeves. "Our partnership with DOLE will enable us to reach a large number of people who may not realize the wealth of information available on the Web.""Dole is pleased to work with Ask Jeeves to further promote banana consumption in such a fun and educational manner," said Rick Utchell, vice president advertising and promotions, Dole Fresh Fruit. "This campaign will benefit grocers with increased banana sales, consumers with instant access to recipe, product and nutrition information, and will help drive traffic to the Ask Jeeves site."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review