UK: Associated British Foods raises second-half outlook
UK food company Associated British Foods (ABF) has raised its second-half earnings guidance.
ABF, which makes Silver Spoon sugar and Twinings Tea, had previously said that its second-half profit growth was unlikely to be as strong as in the first half.
In a trading update this week, however, the company gave a more positive outlook.
"Most of our businesses have made good progress and we now expect operating profit growth to be broadly the same as the first half," ABF was quoted by Reuters as saying.
The company cited improvements at its British Sugar business, its Australian-based George Weston Foods, and its UK-based Primark clothing chain.
Analysts are expecting ABF to report pre-tax profits of around £465m (US$737.9m) for the year to 13 September, compared with £430m a year earlier, reported Reuters.
The European Commission has proposed far-reaching reforms to the European Union's Common Market Organisation for sugar, aimed at enhancing the competitiveness and market-orientation of the EU sugar se...
Associated British Foods has said earnings for the year to 17 September were 14% ahead of the previous year and it has invested over £1.5bn (US$2.6bn) for future growth....
Canadian food company George Weston has announced the appointment of John Cowles to the position of president of George Weston Bakeries....
George Weston Bakeries, part of Canada's George Weston Liminted, has announced the introduction of its new line of X-treme Breads....
Associated British Foods has launched a lower-fat version of its perennial favourite Ovaltine....
Associated British Foods has said that overall its businesses have performed well in the second half and it expects operating profit growth to be almost as strong as that achieved in the first half....
Food processor and distributor George Weston George Weston Limited has announced the closing of the previously announced transaction for the sale of its west coast aquaculture operations to EWOS Canad...
Canadian food processor and distributor George Weston has announced rises in sales and net earnings for the second quarter ended 18 June 2005, although sales growth at Weston Foods was cut by the impa...
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report