USA: Associated Grocers names CIO
Following (unanimous) Board approval, Associated Grocers Inc. named Gene Puhrmann as its CIO this week. Puhrmann replaces Dr. Ken Viafore, who has served as AG's Interim CIO since April of this year. Viafore will continue as an Associated Grocers Boardmember."Gene Puhrmann's extensive information technology background is an asset to Associated Grocers, and will assist us in improving the quality of data, and overall information technology strategy," said Interim CEO and President for Associated Grocers, Bob Hoyt.As CIO for Associated Grocers, Puhrmann will provide management direction to upgrade company-wide information technology systems, and improve the quality of its member and customer store orders. Prior to joining Associated Grocers, Puhrmann directed delivery systems for Bank of America, including Home Banking products, retail online delivery systems, product development and major software and hardware upgrades."Gene Puhrmann was the logical choice for Associated Grocers' CIO, given his proven information technology background," said Dr. Viafore.Associated Grocers is developing electronic order books, and plans to utilize its data to develop more efficient product movement in its warehouses. Associated Grocers' 1.2 million square feet of warehouse space services the most sophisticated and aggressive independent retailers in the nation.Dr. Ken Viafore, who stepped into a critical leadership role in the year, has completed the successful implementation of a new MIS system that is expected to provide AG with significant competitive advantages.Associated Grocers is a retailer-owned cooperative which provides food, general merchandise, and retail services to approximately 400 independent grocers throughout Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam and the Pacific Rim.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report