USA: Associated Grocers names CIO
Following (unanimous) Board approval, Associated Grocers Inc. named Gene Puhrmann as its CIO this week. Puhrmann replaces Dr. Ken Viafore, who has served as AG's Interim CIO since April of this year. Viafore will continue as an Associated Grocers Boardmember."Gene Puhrmann's extensive information technology background is an asset to Associated Grocers, and will assist us in improving the quality of data, and overall information technology strategy," said Interim CEO and President for Associated Grocers, Bob Hoyt.As CIO for Associated Grocers, Puhrmann will provide management direction to upgrade company-wide information technology systems, and improve the quality of its member and customer store orders. Prior to joining Associated Grocers, Puhrmann directed delivery systems for Bank of America, including Home Banking products, retail online delivery systems, product development and major software and hardware upgrades."Gene Puhrmann was the logical choice for Associated Grocers' CIO, given his proven information technology background," said Dr. Viafore.Associated Grocers is developing electronic order books, and plans to utilize its data to develop more efficient product movement in its warehouses. Associated Grocers' 1.2 million square feet of warehouse space services the most sophisticated and aggressive independent retailers in the nation.Dr. Ken Viafore, who stepped into a critical leadership role in the year, has completed the successful implementation of a new MIS system that is expected to provide AG with significant competitive advantages.Associated Grocers is a retailer-owned cooperative which provides food, general merchandise, and retail services to approximately 400 independent grocers throughout Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam and the Pacific Rim.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image