USA: Atalanta CEO announces VP's retirement
Mr. George Gellert President and CEO of Atalanta Corporation announced yesterday that after 50 years of service to Atalanta Corporation and the processed meat industry, Mr. Bernie Deutchman, corporate Vice President would retire effective June 1, 2001. Mr. Deutchman joined Atalanta Corporation in 1950 as a clerk in the traffic department, moving into sales in 1959. In 1960, he moved to Chicago to take charge of Atalanta's mid west regional office and in 1970, Mr. Deutchman was recalled to Atalanta's headquarters in New York as Vice President, for Atalanta's subsidiary, Atalanta Products Corporation, the exclusive importer and marketing organization for the sale of Polish ham in the United States. In the years following, Mr. Deutchman, by then a Vice President of Atalanta Corporation, took charge of the Celebrity Foods processed meat operation. Additionally, under the Celebrity Foods banner, he founded Atalanta's retail grocery division. It was during his tenure at Celebrity Foods that a number of Atalanta's current brands and logos were developed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs