USA: Atalanta CEO announces VP's retirement
Mr. George Gellert President and CEO of Atalanta Corporation announced yesterday that after 50 years of service to Atalanta Corporation and the processed meat industry, Mr. Bernie Deutchman, corporate Vice President would retire effective June 1, 2001. Mr. Deutchman joined Atalanta Corporation in 1950 as a clerk in the traffic department, moving into sales in 1959. In 1960, he moved to Chicago to take charge of Atalanta's mid west regional office and in 1970, Mr. Deutchman was recalled to Atalanta's headquarters in New York as Vice President, for Atalanta's subsidiary, Atalanta Products Corporation, the exclusive importer and marketing organization for the sale of Polish ham in the United States. In the years following, Mr. Deutchman, by then a Vice President of Atalanta Corporation, took charge of the Celebrity Foods processed meat operation. Additionally, under the Celebrity Foods banner, he founded Atalanta's retail grocery division. It was during his tenure at Celebrity Foods that a number of Atalanta's current brands and logos were developed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units