AUSTRALIA/UK: Athletes bid to bring breakfast bars to Commonwealth Games blocked
A row has erupted over Britain's refusal to import a 219kg consignment of muesli bars sent to feed the 371 athletes in the Australian team during the upcoming Commonwealth Games. According to an article in the Herald-Sun, the UK Environmental Health Department told global freight forwarding company Schenker Australia that it would need a complete list of all the ingredients in the bars, and the percentages of the ingredients, before it can let them into the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival