FINLAND: Atria extends operations in Sweden with acquisition
Finnish meat group Atria Oyj has purchased part of a business belonging to the Spira-group from Sweden's agricultural producers' organisation (LRF) for about €33m (US$32.7m). The purchase consists of Samfood & Co situated in the Fosie-site in Malmö, the business in Årsta, Stockholm and the convenience food business in Hamnen, Malmö. It also includes the Fosie-site, the machinery, equipment and current assets of all the above mentioned units. In the Malmö Fosie-site the production mainly consists of whole meat products, in Årsta of consumer packed meats and in Malmö Hamnen of the ready meal production of Spira Ready Meal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review