FINLAND: Atria extends operations in Sweden with acquisition
Finnish meat group Atria Oyj has purchased part of a business belonging to the Spira-group from Sweden's agricultural producers' organisation (LRF) for about €33m (US$32.7m). The purchase consists of Samfood & Co situated in the Fosie-site in Malmö, the business in Årsta, Stockholm and the convenience food business in Hamnen, Malmö. It also includes the Fosie-site, the machinery, equipment and current assets of all the above mentioned units. In the Malmö Fosie-site the production mainly consists of whole meat products, in Årsta of consumer packed meats and in Malmö Hamnen of the ready meal production of Spira Ready Meal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK