FINLAND: Atria extends operations in Sweden with acquisition
Finnish meat group Atria Oyj has purchased part of a business belonging to the Spira-group from Sweden's agricultural producers' organisation (LRF) for about €33m (US$32.7m). The purchase consists of Samfood & Co situated in the Fosie-site in Malmö, the business in Årsta, Stockholm and the convenience food business in Hamnen, Malmö. It also includes the Fosie-site, the machinery, equipment and current assets of all the above mentioned units. In the Malmö Fosie-site the production mainly consists of whole meat products, in Årsta of consumer packed meats and in Malmö Hamnen of the ready meal production of Spira Ready Meal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- General Mills issues profit warning