FINLAND: Atria extends operations in Sweden with acquisition
Finnish meat group Atria Oyj has purchased part of a business belonging to the Spira-group from Sweden's agricultural producers' organisation (LRF) for about €33m (US$32.7m). The purchase consists of Samfood & Co situated in the Fosie-site in Malmö, the business in Årsta, Stockholm and the convenience food business in Hamnen, Malmö. It also includes the Fosie-site, the machinery, equipment and current assets of all the above mentioned units. In the Malmö Fosie-site the production mainly consists of whole meat products, in Årsta of consumer packed meats and in Malmö Hamnen of the ready meal production of Spira Ready Meal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"